Membership in EDFSA is free! We are open to anyone interested in fostering, kinship care, and foster-to-adopt care. As a member, you can attend our events, join our Board of Directions, and more. We host regular Youth Activity Nights, support groups, and educational opportunities.
We Need Volunteers!
Remember: Many hands make for light work!
- Exercise the right to vote
- Be part of the planning and decision-making
- Give input in the foster, kinship, and foster-to-adopt process
- Be privy to information that affects foster care/permanency care
- Get assistance filing formal reviews, understanding what happens when allegations are made, liaising with social workers, finding options for your family, and receive emotional support
- Receive parenting support and advice when you need it
- Be apprised of foster care/permanency care rights, responsibilities, etc.
- Help with untangling the specifics in legislation relevant to foster care, such as:
Child, Youth & Family Enhancement Act; Child, Youth & Family Enhancement Provincial Policy; Child, Youth & Family Enhancement Regional Policy; Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
- Be directed to appropriate resources if the EDFSA is unable to provide the support
- Access support for children with special needs
- Provide input into and access changes in Policy
- Take advantage of our workshops, seminars, conferences, general meetings, guest speakers, library, etc.
- Access the Carousel Program (a used clothing bank for children)
- Use our meeting rooms (subject to qualification and availability)
- Access “Kids Up Front” tickets to major sporting events, arts events, performances, etc. as they become available to the Association
- Come to recreational & social opportunities for children and their caregivers
- Network with other caregivers
- Be on our email list and get the latest updates on workshops for caregivers, kids’ activities, and supplemental training offered through the EDFSA